Aussie lottery hotspots revealed ahead of Powerball’s $100 million jackpot
One or more Aussies could receive the phone call of a lifetime if they score a slice of Powerball’s whopping $100 million jackpot on Thursday night!
Powerball draw 1420 has reached this level after there were no division one winners for the past five draws.
The last $100 million Powerball jackpot was just six weeks ago and was won by a shocked Bankstown dad. If just one person was to take home Thursday night’s jackpot prize, then the game will have crowned two $100 million winners back-to-back.
Ahead of this huge draw, our team have been busy crunching the numbers to reveal the Aussie towns, suburbs and regions where the most division one wins have landed.
While Powerball lightning can strike anywhere and at any time, it will be curious to see if one of these winning locations live up to their reputation for this $100 million draw.
Are you living in a lottery hotspot?
In the 12 months ending 30 June 2023, across Australia there were 503 division one winning entries from all lottery games that delivered more than $1.59 billion in division one prize money.
While lotteries are games of chance, from time to time, we see pockets of wins emerge in certain postcodes and regions.
Check out the suburbs in each state and territory that were home to the outlets that sold the most division one winning entries:
- In Victoria, six postcodes each sold three division one winning entries: 3172 for Springvale South / Dingley Village, 3802 for Endeavour Hills, 3754 for Doreen / Mernda, 3024 for Wyndham, 3075 for Lalor and 3000 for Melbourne.
- In New South Wales and the ACT, the postcodes of 2141 for Berala / Lidcombe and 2530 for Dapto each sold three division one winning entries.
- In Queensland, the postcodes of 4211 for Nerang / Pacific Pines and 4506 for Morayfield each sold four division one winning entries.
- In South Australia, the postcode of 5118 for Gawler and 5045 for Oaklands Park each sold two division one winning entries.
- In Tasmania, the postcode of 7018 for Howrah / Rosny Park and 7172 for Sorell each sold two division one winning entries.
- In the top-end, the postcode of 0830 for Yarrawonga delivered the Northern Territory’s division one biggest prize from an in-store ticket.
- In Western Australia, Kalgoorlie – Boulder sold five division one winning entries.
Whether or not you live near a winning postcode, one thing is for sure. If you have an entry into tomorrow night's $100 million Powerball draw you will be in with the chance to become a multi-millionaire.
Make sure to grab an entry in-store, online or via the Lott app before the draw closes at 7.30pm AEST Thursday 3 August 2023.
Good luck everyone!