Where the wins have fallen: Australian Lottery Hotspots revealed ahead of Thursday's $60 million Powerball draw!
For Aussies vying for tomorrow’s $60 million Powerball prize, the nation’s FY20 Australian Lottery Hotspots have been revealed.
In the 12 months ending 30 June 2020, there were 473 division one winning entries held by lottery players across the country that delivered more than $1.25 billion in division one prize money.
Along with Lotterywest, we’ve crunched the numbers and can exclusively reveal the postcodes, states and regions where the most division one wins occurred across all lottery games, including Powerball, Oz Lotto, Lotto and Set for Life.
Victoria had the most division one wins during the 12 months, with a total of 120 division one winning entries sold in this state across all lottery games worth more than $218.45 million. New South Wales and the ACT followed closely with 119 division one wins.
While Victoria had the most division one wins, players in New South Wales and the ACT and Queensland pocketed more division one prize money, taking home $464.18 million and $379.45 million respectively thanks to some big Powerball and Oz Lotto jackpots.
New South Wales and the ACT also welcomed the most newly-minted millionaires – a total of 77.
The FY20 Australian Lottery Hotspots data also shows the suburbs in each state and territory that are home to the outlets that sold the most division one winning entries.
- In Queensland, the postcode of 4870 for Cairns, Edge Hill and Earlville sold six division one winning entries totalling more than $46.17 million.
- In New South Wales & ACT, the postcodes of 2000 for Sydney CBD and 2750 for Kingswood Park/Penrith each sold three division one winning entries totalling more than $5.4 million and $3.6 million respectively.
- In Victoria, the postcode of 3630 for Shepparton sold five division one wins totalling more than $3.8 million.
- In Tasmania, the postcode of 7307 for Latrobe delivered the Apple Isle’s biggest division one win of $1.66 million.
- In South Australia, the postcode of 5114 for Smithfield sold three division one wins totalling more than $2.12 million.
- In the Northern Territory, the postcode of 0860 for Tennant Creek delivered the territory’s biggest division one win of $4.8 million.
- In Western Australia, the postcode of 6062 for Morley sold four division one wins totalling more than $5.8 million.
While lottery wins can land anywhere, we do see clusters of wins emerge from time to time. It will be interesting to see if any of these Lottery Hotspots maintain their reputations over the coming months.
We know that players can have mixed feelings about Lottery Hotspots. Some people will track down outlets and areas that have a track record of recent division one wins, while others will avoid these in the belief that lightning won’t strike twice.
Whatever your approach may be, as long as you’ve got an entry in your hands before the draw’s close at 7.30pm AEST Thursday night, you’re in with a chance to win the $60 million prize.Will we see a $60 million Powerball win in one of our Lottery Hotspots…only time will tell.
Tickets can be purchased at any licensed lottery outlet, online from thelott.com or via the Lott mobile app.