$30 million Lotto Megadraw closes a Mega-decade of Megadraw millionaires!
Get ready Australia. The one draw that traditionally makes the most millionaires is on the last Saturday of the year!
On 28 December, Saturday Lotto’s $30 Million Megadraw is giving you and your loved ones the ultimate chance to finish the decade with bang. And it’s not called the Megadraw for nothing.
We’re talking a mega-sized division one prize pool offering, a millionaire count like no other, and the chance to create some mega memories with your loved ones in the years to come.
In last year’s Megadraw, we saw 15 millionaires across Australia each take home a huge $1.7 million. Imagine how you could celebrate in 2020 with a prize like that!
As 2019 comes to a close and we eagerly anticipate the final Megadraw of the decade, we’re taking a look back to celebrate the winning numbers and moments from the 2010s.
Sure we had five Prime Ministers, two royal weddings, the formation and subsequent split of One Direction, and 21 Marvel movies— but there have also been a whopping 180 division one winning Megadraw entries, which took home more than $270 million in combined division one prize money.
So, without further ado, we’re excited to present a Mega-decade of Megadraws:
- 2010 welcomed the start of the decade with an impressive 19 winning entries, each taking home $1.6 million.
- 2011 set the record for most division one winning entries, with 32 Megadraw windfalls landing all across the country.
- 2012 and 2013 were twin years! Back-to-back we saw 21 winning Megadraw entries in both draws score a prize worth $1.4 million each.
- 2014 was another record-breaking year for the decade, with each of the 11 division one entries taking home $2.7 million. This multi-million-dollar prize is the biggest Megadraw division one prize of the decade, though it was closely followed in 2015 when 15 winning entries each took home $2 million.
- In 2016 the Megadraw fell on New Year’s Eve. No doubt there were some extra-special celebrations for the 23 winners who took out $1.3 million each.
- 2017 and 2018 bolstered the reputation of the Megadraw as the draw that creates the most millionaires, with 21 and 17 division one winning entries respectively. From these two Megadraws alone, 34 Aussies became overnight millionaires!
- What’s in store for Lotto’s Megadraw on 28 December 2019? We’ll just have to wait and see!
As we look to welcome in a new decade, we are excited to discover if we’ll also be welcoming a multitude of new millionaires.
Grab an entry online, via the Lott app, or from your local retailer for your chance to win. This Saturday Lotto special event is not to be missed!