40 Melbournites strike gold after their syndicate scores $1.3 million TattsLotto win
Forty happy Melbournites have had a golden start to the week after their group syndicate entry in the weekend’s TattsLotto draw scored them a division one prize worth over $1.3 million.
The syndicate entry, nicknamed ‘GOLD59’, was one of the three division one winning entries across Australia in TattsLotto draw 3951, drawn Saturday 1 June 2019. Each entry won a division one prize of $1,292,118.57.
In addition to winning division one, the group syndicate’s marked System 12 entry also won division three 30 times, division four 150 times, division five 49 times and division six 168 times, bolstering the syndicate’s total prize to $1,326,316.92.
Each member of the syndicate receives a share worth $33,157.93.
Shares in the group syndicate, set up by Thomastown News & Lotto, were sold in ten outlets across Melbourne.
- Highlands News and Lotto, Shop 17, Stockland Highlands, Craigieburn (15 shares)
- Doncaster Lotto, Shop 104, Westfield Doncaster, Doncaster (5 shares)
- Waverley Gardens Lotto, Kiosk 7 Waverley Gardens, Mulgrave (5 shares)
- Forest Hill Lotteries, Kiosk 17, Forest Hill Chase, Forest Hill (4 shares)
- Thomastown News & Lotto, 223 High Street, Thomastown (3 shares)
- Clarinda Lotto News and Interpost, Shop 3, 67 Bourke Road, Clarinda (3 shares)
- Werribee Plaza Lotto Kiosk, Kiosk 65, Pacific Werribee, Werribee (2 shares)
- Golden Glass Lotto, 7 Morgan Court, Glenroy (2 shares)
- Spring Hill News, Shop 7, Springhill Shopping Centre, Cranbourne (1 share)
- Chadstone Newsagency, Shop 263 Chadstone, Malvern East (1 share)
Thomastown News and Lotto owner Mr Vaikunth Gohil said he was very excited his outlet’s syndicate had won division one.
“This will be the 32nd division one winning entry we’ve sold!” he exclaimed.
“Our customers always tell us we are a lucky store because our syndicates win all the time.
“We had three division one wins last year, two in March and one in May. It feels like we have been waiting a long time for this one.
“Last weekend my wife had a premonition we were going to sell a division one winning entry and it came true!
“This syndicate has been running for three years and all of the players are loyal customers. We will be celebrating with them in store this week.
“We feel privileged to be able to tell them they’ve won division one – there is no joy like it!
“We look forward to selling our next big win. Hopefully we can sell three in a year again!”