Play by play: Check out 2019’s Year in Review for your favourite games!
There’s no doubt 2019 was an incredible year for Australia’s official lotteries and 2020 is shaping up to be an impressive encore.
In less than two months, we’ve already had three Aussies become Set for Life, a Victorian woman score a $10 million Oz Lotto windfall, and one thrilled Queenslander rendered speechless by a $60 million Powerball win.
But before we get too caught up in the excitement of the new year, there’s still a few things we want to celebrate from last year!
From record-breaking moments and memorable reactions, we’ve broken down some of last year’s winning highlights across your favourite games.
Click the links to watch the videos below and find out more about the moments that defined Australia’s official lotteries in 2019.
- 14 division one winning entries collectively took home over $541.8 million.
- A new record was set for the biggest ever individual lottery prize when a Sydney healthcare worker won a whopping $107 million.
- Records were smashed again when the jackpot soared to $150 million— Australia’s biggest ever jackpot offering. The incredible prize was won by three Aussies who scored $50 million each.
- 13 division one winning entries collectively took home over $320 million.
- The jackpot soared to a massive $80 million for the first time in four years.
- Three winning entries shared a $70 million jackpot prize, but in a memorable moment, one winner held two of those entries!
- Lotto was well and truly the game that created the most millionaires with 213 Aussie Lotto winners adding six extra zeros to their bank accounts.
- In total, there were 397 division one winning entries, collectively taking home over $439.4 million.
- The $30 million Saturday Lotto Megadraw was shared by 11 thrilled winners who each scored $2.7 million and became overnight multi-millionaires.
- There were 11 First Prize winning entries across the country in 2019, each winning the incredible prize of $20,000 a month for the next 20 years.
- At the end of the year, a total of 54 Aussies had won Set for Life since the game began (that number has since risen to 57).
- 360 Lucky Lotteries 1st Prize and Jackpot winning entries won more than $171.43 million in 2019.
- A new record was set when the biggest ever Lucky Lotteries jackpot prize of $96 million was won in August. The winner became the second-biggest individual lottery winner in Australian history.
- In 2019, there were 199 Instant Scratch-Its top prize winners who collectively took home more than $9.7 million in top prizes.
- Instant Scratch-Its players across the country enjoyed over 25 million winning moments and a collective $208.8 million in prize money across all prize tiers.
You can view all the 2019 Year in Review videos here.
What was your favourite winning moment from 2019? We can’t wait to see what the rest of 2020 brings!