Saturday Lotto Bushfire Benefit Draw
We are deeply saddened by the impact the ongoing bushfires are having on communities across the country, and our thoughts go out to our customers and retailers who have been affected.
The Lott’s licensed lottery entities have a long history of giving back to the communities in which we operate, and in a time like this, we want to do what we can to help.
The Tabcorp Group, through the Lott, has announced that Saturday Lotto draw 4019 on Saturday 25 January 2020 will be the Saturday Lotto Bushfire Benefit Draw.
Tabcorp is the parent company of the licensed lottery entities, and has committed to donating all proceeds from this draw, expected to be in excess of $1.5 million, to support the bushfire relief and recovery efforts.
The donation raised through the Saturday Lotto Bushfire Benefit Draw will support relief services for people and communities impacted by the fires, the rural fire services, organisations assisting with the recovery process and the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife.
Tabcorp plans to share the proceeds among:
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal, which provides grants to impacted communities to support recovery and rebuild efforts
- WIRES Wildlife Rescue, which has launched an Emergency Fund to help rescue and care for animals impacted by the fires and drought
- Wildlife Victoria, which helps shelters and carers rescuing and rehabilitating local wildlife
- Australian Red Cross, which has started a Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund
- NSW Rural Fire Service, volunteer fire and emergency services
- Victorian Bushfire Appeal, established by the Victorian Government to support local communities
- GIVIT’s Disaster and Emergency Recovery Service (Queensland), a not-for-profit that supports agencies, services and charities
- South Australian Bushfire Appeal, to raise funds for people directly affected by bushfires in Cudlee Creek and on Kangaroo Island
The Lott is also committed to supporting retailers who have been affected by the fires and is committed to ensuring they are back on their feet as soon as possible.