Aussie lottery hotspots revealed!
Our team have been busy crunching the numbers and the Australian towns, suburbs and regions where the most lottery division one wins landed in 2021 have been revealed.
In the 11 months ending 30 November 2021, there were 480 division one winning entries across all lottery games held across the country that delivered more than $1.3 billion in division one prize money.
After enduring a year of lockdowns, Victoria finished 2021 on a high, taking out the top spot for the most major prizes.
There were 131 division one winning entries in the state that scored more than $358 million in prize money. This impressive tally was aided by the biggest individual lottery win of the year – an $80 million prize pocketed by a North Melbourne dad in August.
However, New South Wales and the ACT can boast about crowning the most lottery millionaires, with 97. The Sunshine State took second place with 79.
The data also reveals the suburbs in each state and territory that were home to the outlets that sold the most division one winning entries.
- In Victoria, the postcodes of 3028 for Altona Meadows, 3429 for Sunbury, and 3004 for Melbourne each sold three division one winning entries
- In New South Wales and the ACT, the postcode of 2444 for Port Macquarie sold four division one winning entries, while 2127 for Wentworth Point/Sydney Olympic Park and 2750 for Penrith/South Penrith each sold three division one winning entries.
- In Queensland, the postcode of 4817 for Kirwan/Thuringowa sold four division one winning entries, while the postcodes of 4680 for Gladstone and 4740 for Mackay both sold three division one winning entries.
- In South Australia, the postcode of 5009 for Kilkenny sold two division one winning entries.
- In Tasmania, the postcodes of 7310 for Devonport and 7320 for Burnie each sold two division one winning entries.
- In the top-end, the postcode of 0836 for Humpty Doo delivered the Northern Territory’s biggest prize of $35 million.
- In Western Australia, the postcode of 6330 for Albany sold three division one winning entries.
While lottery wins can land anywhere, from time to time, we see pockets of wins emerge in certain postcodes and regions.
This year, we’ve seen wins fall far and wide across the country, from inner-city suburbs to regional locations.
With just over two weeks until the end of the year, we can’t wait to see where more wins may land.
See the state breakdowns in the tables below:
States and territories ranked by most division one wins across all lottery games between 1 January and 30 November 2021
|State||Division one wins||Total division one prize money|
|New South Wales & ACT||127||$397,397,564.41|
States and territories ranked by most millionaires created from division one wins across all lottery games between 1 January and 30 November 2021
|New South Wales & ACT||97|
Biggest division one prize in each state and territory across all lottery games between 1 January and 30 November 2021
|State||Game||Draw date||Biggest individual prize|
|New South Wales & ACT
|South Australia||Set for Life||27/01/2021||$4,800,000.00|
|Northern Territory||Oz Lotto||13/04/2021||$35,000,000.00|
|Western Australia||Oz Lotto||30/02/2021||$30,000,000.00|